Wednesday, July 17, 2013

How Tall Daddy?

In a few days, we leave to spend a week with my side of the family in Victor, Idaho. We are all so excited to spend some time together in the West and once again take in the stunning work of God's hand. We cannot wait to see the reaction when our 3 kids experience firsthand the sheer size and beauty of the mountains. 




The other night, our son Judah said to me, "Daddy, how tall are the mountains?" He then asked if they were as tall as our house and I said they were much bigger. He asked if they were as high as the trees in our yard. I told him much higher still. He kept asking for a comparison and I realized there is nothing that can compare to the size of mountains. I told Judah that He would understand the majesty of them in a few days when we arrive. 

Like the mountains, their is nothing that compares to our God. He created the entire universe and everything in between out of nothing with his hands. Only God has the power to make nothing into something. Matt Chandler in his book The Explicit Gospel states it very well:
“You and I are stymied in our own creativity. We can only create as sub-creators, and even then our best work is only sub-creation....God doesn't need raw material. He MAKES material."
Every time that I marvel at God's creation, it increases my faith in Him. I see the evidence all around me of both an intelligent and loving God. I will forever worship and give Him the glory for the many blessings He has put around me. 

Next time you look at all the beauty around you, ask yourself where did it all come from? Was it really a chance happening that brought all this to be? Did LIFE really come out of nothing? Or did LIFE originate from an infinitely loving God who also happened to provide LIFE eternally through Jesus?

 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. - Romans 1: 19-20 (ESV)

 The evidence is all around us.


No comments:

Post a Comment